Forum

♦ ♦ ♦ Welcome to the Forum ! The groups I’ve added for now are just an examples of what can be presented. Any comments, ideas, recommendations are appreciated! – Julia, 23-Oct-2012

You have to be registered on the site to be able to write posts in Forum! To register at the site – use Guest Login Panel at the bottom of the right menu. Choose Register option. First of all you have to enter your username and email address. The password will come to the provided email address in a few seconds. Than you can use either Login of the same Guest Login Panel or Login at the top of Forum to sign-up with your username and password.

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Forsberg twins in WinChloe
Georgy-
Evseev
Visitor
Georgy Evseev
Post Forsberg twins in WinChloe
on: August 14, 2018, 11:03

I am composing a problem, and it requires a Forsberg type twins (replacement a piece with another one). At least two of pieces are fairies (I have Bishop b8 > Nightrider b8 > Camel b8). Is it possible to define twins so, that Winchloe treats them correctly? WinChloe does not set a fairy piece on board as required and often even skips the twin altogether.

I have tried to check similar situations in main database, but they seem to use full piece name (like "Chameau") and do not generate the correct solution when I click "Solve".

Eric Huber
Visitor
Eric Huber
Post Re: Forsberg twins in WinChloe
on: August 19, 2018, 19:26

Hello Georgy,

I have just had the same issue with a fairy problem: twins bPAOc4 > bVAOc4 > bNAOc4.
Christian Poisson has informed me that Winchloe does not know how to solve all twins together in this special case of Forsberg twins with fairy units.
(Popeye knows how to do that: in my case, for twin b) "twin remove c4 add black VAc4" is sufficient)

You must solve each twin separately. After you solve the first twin, you change the Bishop b8 into Nightrider b8 in the "Chessboard" tab and afterwards in the "Info" tab you right-click in the zone “Pieces” and click on “Reinitialize the pieces”. That way, you don't have to redefine all fairy pieces. Winchloe will request you to define only the added Nightrider or, if there was already a Nightrider on the board, you won't even have to define it.
Then you can solve twin b).

You must proceed similarly with twin c).
Winchloe will find themes for each twin separately, but unfortunately not for the whole problem.

Hope that was helpful.

Georgy-
Evseev
Visitor
Georgy Evseev
Post Re: Forsberg twins in WinChloe
on: August 20, 2018, 09:04

Hello Eric,
Well, so my assumption that this is impossible is unfortunately correct.
I, generally, often try to add needed (or potentially needed) fairy pieces in advance - often by putting them on random squares and reinitializing the pieces. I also tend to add both white and black pieces of same kind even if only one color is expected to be required. This very much helps to decrease the number of changes in the list of pieces used.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Comments are closed.