Short information by JuliasFairies:
How to add a diagram to the comments at the site?
(this is the update of the Post published 01-May-2012:
have added option (4) for getting the link to your diagram)
In some cases, when we discuss a problem, it is good to show the ideas or suggestions on the diagram. The fact is that you can’t copy-paste the diagram (or any other picture) into the comments at the site.
But! There’s somethings you can do, using a link to your diagram (graphical image). You can do it in 2 ways:
- Copy-paste a link to the diagram, asking others to use this link to see your diagram. The example of such comment is one my comment. It can be either the link to the page containing your diagram or a link which is address of your graphical image.
- You can use the option – You can add images to your comment by clicking here – which is shown below the Comment field. If you do it, you’ll be asked for the link to your diagram again, but in this case you should have a link to the graphical object – and it will be inserted into your comment a bit differently – so, after Posting your comment the graphical image of your diagram will be shown inside the comment, not like a link.
How to get a link to your diagram-image:
- You can have your diagram anywhere in internet (like in Picasa for example) – open it to see its URL in the address line of your browser. You can either add this link to your comment, or use the option of adding the image to the comment to have a diagram inside the comment.
- You can send your problem, idea, diagram to me – firstname.lastname@example.org – I’ll upload it to the server of this site, and will send the link for it back to you. So, you can either add this link to your comment, or use the option of adding the image to the comment to have a diagram inside the comment.
- You can use LightShot program to make a screenshot of your diagram and to get a virtual link of it, which you can add to the comments as a link. Write me to email@example.com if you need any assistance here.
- You can use Ankona web-based program to create a diagram. In the Edit screen there you have a checkbox “Public“. Use it for problems you are going to show to everybody. Each your problem at Ankona has the unique ID number. Your “public” problem can be visible with all the headers and solutions by the link: http://www.ankona.ch/diagrams/[PROBLEM_ID] or just a diagram (as graphic object) can be visible by the link http://www.ankona.ch/diagrams/[PROBLEM_ID].png and this diagram image can be also inserted into your comments as graphical object. Like, if I have a problem with ID 99861 and have checked “Public” – then I can show it with all the headers and solution by the link http://www.ankona.ch/diagrams/99861 or I can insert the diagram image anywhere using its address http://www.ankona.ch/diagrams/99861.png – this one you can use in the comments to insert in. If you insert it using the option You can add images to your comment by clicking here – which is shown below the Comment field – then after Posting your comment the graphical image of your diagram will be shown inside your comment like this one in my example: