14th-28th of February, 2014:
(24.02) – Three originals and two new authors to welcome!
- (23.02) Fairings No.36 by Chris Feather “You will have noticed a large amount of text this time; most of the diagrams appear on the second page. That is because, as an experiment, I am taking up suggestions to give introductions to the problems.” Thanks to Stephen Emmerson for the distribution!
- (21.02) No.502 – Neal Turner – This is the 2nd author’s problem with unusual combination of SAT and Royal Grasshoppers in s#2 published on JF. Enjoy a detailed comment by Neal !
- (18.02) No.501 – Stephen Emmerson – A very nice miniature with Princess and also a direct mate awaited by many of our commentators! I’m very happy to welcome Stephen, who is for many years an editor of Fairy section of the most prominent magazine in the world, “The Problemist”; one of the brightest and productive programmers of our great Popeye; interesting and non-standard composer!
- (17.02) No.496.1 – Abdelaziz Onkoud & Nikola Predrag – This joint problem is a nice improvement to No.496!
- (14.02) No.500 – Julia Vysotska – A miniature with three dynamic fairy conditions! For now, technically it is the most complicated problem I have. And this is the 500th original publication I do!
- (14.02) No.499 – Abdelaziz Onkoud – A three-mover of logical style with exotic pieces. Such kind of problems is quite rare on JF!
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge for informal fairy tourney 2014(I) – Vlaicu Crișan. The judge for Retro and PG problems 2013 – 2014 – Hans Gruber.