The announcement of feenschach 66th theme tourney is added to the Tourneys section!
The announcement of V A R I A N T I M is added to the Tourneys section!
WinChloe 3.20 & latest update of the WinChloe Echecs database!
- New version of WinChloe program – WinChloe 3.20 is available starting the middle of September. The changes are:
A bug in Anti Take & Make with castles is fixed.
New conditions programmed:
Circé couscous diagramme
I’d like to specially mention the Superguards condition. The inventor of this condition is Seetharaman Kalyan, whom I consider more like a support of the site, than a visitor. I’d like to ask Mr.Seetharaman to tell us something more about this condition! Please!
- The latest update (as of 12-Sep-2012) of WinChloe Echecs database is available for those, who uses it. The number of problems has increased till 441047!
- 65 of original problems published at juliasfairies.com are added to WinChloe Echecs database as of 12-Sep-2012.
- I’d like to tell a few words about how the updates of Echecs database are made. This is a very impressive work of the whole command of people! I was interested about how it all works, so asked Christian Poisson and share here what I’ve found out! 🙂
Laurent Riguet records problems since the first version of WinChloe in 1995 (this first version was written in Visual Basic).
Also, Harry Fougiaxis, Vaclav Kotesovec, Imanol Zurutuza, Henk Le Grand, Michel Caillaud, Pierre Tritten, José Coello Alonso, Abdelaziz Onkoud etc… send each month tables with new and/or updated problems. (Ch.P.)
So, Mr.Poisson gets tables with a new problems or updates to the existing problems from the “support-command” (thanks a lot to all of you!!) and makes a copy from all these tables into Echecs table (the main database) – one by one, using “Copy in another table” option from File menu, adding a “Treatment of the duplicates” – ‘Verify each duplicate‘.
So, during the copy, if a duplicate is found (same position, same stipulation, same fairy conditions), and if there are differences between some fields, a new window appears indicating these differences. I make the necessary modifications and when I close the window, the new informations are added in the record of the table Echecs (but note that this works with all tables, not only the table Echecs). (Ch.P.)
Users always criticize programmers – this is something what always existed and will exist I think! 🙂 I’m sorry about it.. I do the same thing from time to time, but the same time I’m impressed about such a big permanent work and I’m saying “Thank you!” to Christian Poisson and to those who help him in this huge project!
My dear Friends,
Welcome home to those who were going to Japan!
I believe you all had a great time there!
took place from September 15th to September 22th, 2012.
The Awards from Composing tourneys I have for now:
Congratulations to the winners!!!
I’d appreciate if you send me to email@example.com more Awards for the site to add!
My dear Friends,
Bon voyage to those who are going to Japan!
And Good luck in WCCC2012 tourneys to everyone!
takes place from September 15th to September 22th, 2012.
See many composing tourneys at Composing tourneys of the WCCC2012 site!
2 “solving days” in Riga – 23-24.Aug –
for those, who never solved before!
This post is dedicated to Latvians (Rigans really), who participates in the project IGRA.lv. (“igra” in Russian = game). This is not about chess at all! Commands, who participate in the game, have to do many very different things. This time a pre-game to get the additional bonus was to solve a fairy problem!
The problem above was composed for this game. So, it was impossible to find a ready solution in the internet. The only information the commands have got was that this is a helpmate (they had to find what it is), has 2 solutions of 2 moves, and a strange figure on d1,h1 was called a “shaman” with a given definition how it moves (in reality it was a simple Lion, but it was also not easy to find out it). The author was not mentioned as well.
Click here to see how the problem was presented to the commands by the organizers of this game (in Russian only). And click on the diagram to see the problem with solution.
- As I know, at least 2 commands have really solved the problem themselves. Congratulations to you!!! I hope you enjoyed the solving and the happiness at the moment when you have found the right solution!
- I was also surprised a lot to see about 10 of you at my site, and you were on the right way looking at fairy terms and at popeye solving program! As I was told, some of you have solved a problem using solving software! So, you have done 2 things: have found the right name of the fairy piece, have learned how to install and to use a program! Congratulations to you too!! It is not that easy if you do it for the first time.
As I know for now, about 7 commands have submitted the right solution. But I don’t know how many commands participated in total.
Dear participants, I had fun during your time of solving… And now I wish you good luck in the real game you have this night!!!
Thank you for solving! – Julia
My dear Friends,
One of the most significant chess-events of the year is coming – just one month left till
The 55th World Congress of Chess Composition (WCCC)
and 36th World Chess Solving Championship (WCSC)
in Kobe, Japan!
The Congress takes place from September 15th to September 22th, 2012.
(WCSC on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 18th and 19th.)
Attention: Composing tourneys are starting to appear there!
I like how the WCCC2012 site is decorated with the sakura-like flowers and colors.