JF Original Problems | January, 2023
The judge of JF-2023: N/A
The judge of Retro & PG problems 2023-2024: N/A
Dear composers, the new informal tournament, JF-2023, is opened now! I still have no judge for it, and I’d be grateful to the one who is willing to accept this job. Well, I’m thinking about no split of the year into 2 tournaments. Partly because it is very hard to find 2 judges in a year, secondly, because most probably I will not be able to publish too many problems this year.
To be published in January – February: Velmurugan Nallusamy, Armin Geister & Daniel Papack, Paul Rãican, Henri Nouguier, Michal Dragoun, Daniel Novomesky
- (22.01) No.1730 (ep 104) – James Malcom – White forces an en passant capture to take place; C-.
- (15.01) No.1729 (h#2 ; Breton Py) – Thomas Maeder – “… The French have coined the term “Breton Py” for the way Popeye does things”(TM)
- (15.01) No.1728 (pser-s#37) – Ľuboš Kekely – “Perhaps the longest pser-s# without fairy pieces and conditions” (LK)
- (15.01) No.1727 (h=8) – Kurt Keller. Warm welcome to Kurt with his first appearance on JF, the “Kindergarten” problem!
- (13.01) No.1726 (ser-=14 ; Rookhopper ; PWC) – Václav Kotěšovec. This problem was dedicated to my jubilee in September 2022. Plus it was so nicely prepared for me, so much “animation-friendly”, so I feel double sorry to publish it so late, and very much grateful to Václav! (JV, Editor)
Animated diagrams use Py2Web by Dmitri Turevski and WinChloe‘s graphics, Christian Poisson