02-04th of January, 2015
- (04.01) No.681,682,683,684 – Kostěj Šoulivý (h#2; Patrol Chess & Camel,Grasshopper,Empress,Princess,Gnu). Four-men Patrol quartet with author’s introduction to the problems!
- (04.01) No.680 – Alberto Armeni (h#4; Imitator). Interpretation of Valladao theme with Imitator! Warm welcome to Alberto in Original Problems section!
- (03.01) No.679 – Peter Harris (hs#3; Sentinels; Chameleon Chess; Royal pieces). Paradoxal four-men Aristocrat with two quite different surprising mates!
- (03.01) No.678 – Anatoly Stepochkin (h#3; KoKo; Reflectin Bishop; Grasshopper). Super AUW in Tanagra form!
- (03.01) No.677 – Kenneth Solja (h#3*; Imitator).
Nice setplay problem with two Imitators and two Switchbacks!
- (02.01) No.676 – Pierre Tritten (h#2; Take&Make).
A dynamic Take&Make play!
Animated diagrams use Py2Web by Dmitri Turevski and WinChloe’s graphics.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge for informal fairy tourney JF-2015(I) – Kostas Prentos.
2nd KoBulChess TT – Christmas tourney 2014 AWARD
“(25.12.2014) Here is the Award of the 2nd KoBulChess TT – Cristmas Tourney 2014! Many thanks to all participants and to the judge IM Krassimir Gandev for his quick work. The award remains open for 1 month period.” (Diyan Kostadinov)
Theme: All type problems (#/=, H#/H=, S#/S=, HS#/HS= etc.) in 2-4 moves (up to 8 moves for Series and P-Series problems) with the fairy condition Circle SneK. Other fairy pieces and conditions are not allowed. Royal pieces can be used of course.
Entries: 22 | Countries: Greece, Italy, Germany, France | Participants: Pierre Tritten, Manfred Rittirsch, Mario Parrinello, Kostas Prentos, Emmanuel Manolas, Rainer Kuhn, Themis Argirakopoulos, Sebastien Luce, Ralf Kraetschmer, Alain Bienabe
→See the AWARD on KoBulChess.com
Peter Gvozdják announces jubilee tourney
on occasion of his 50th birthday.
The thematic composing tourney announced for any kind of chess problems showing Rice cycle.
See details on the web or in the pdf file: pg50 vypisanie 20141115
Prizes: books | Deadline: November 16, 2015 | Judge: jubilee
Entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The award will appear by the end of 2015.
On the first day of the New Year, 2015, I wish you a happy and successful year! And as always, you’re welcome here, on JF! This year I’ve decided keep to split the informal tourney for fairy problems published on Julia’s Fairies website into 2 periods and independent tourneys:
I – January-June, II – July-December.
You’re welcome to participate in the first informal tournament this year – JF-2015/I, January-June!
Any fairy problem can participate, and I’m here for you to publish it as soon as I can, hopefully in 1-2 days.
I’m happy to announce the judge of this period – Kostas Prentos – prominent composer and solver, FM in composition, IM in solving, International Judge. Kostas composes mostly proof games and fairy problems. Warm welcome to Kostas!
Good luck to all of us in 2015! – Julia