NEW publications of ORIGINAL PROBLEMS will appear
AFTER the WCCC 2018, starting September, 10th! (Julia)
The 18th Japanese Sake Tourney
Theme: H#2 with Total Invisibles.
Any other fairy pieces and/or conditions are not allowed.
Judges: Tadashi Wakashima, Toshiki Kobayashi | Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org | Closing Date: Thursday, 6 September 2018
Prizes: Bottles of Sake. Only congress participants can receive bottles. | Details: In PDF document.
Murfatlar Tourney for fairy proof games
Theme: Proof games with Berolina Pawns are required. The genre can be combined with another genre, but fairy pieces are not accepted.
Prizes: bottles of Murfatlar, an appreciated Romanian wine | Details: In PDF document
Send entries by email until September 3rd to Paul Rãican, at email@example.com (or to him personally during Congress).
5-11th of August, 2018
- (11.08) No.1321 – Karol Mlynka (h#2 ; White Supertransmuting King). Author also gives “the newest definition of Pressburger King.”
- (11.08) No.1320 – Stephen Emmerson (#3 ; Locust). After Salai jr., Klemanič, Packa & Dragoun (No.1319).
- (11.08) No.1319 – Ladislav Salai jr., Emil Klemanič, Ladislav Packa, Michal Dragoun (#3 ; Locust).
- (10.08) No.1318 – Alberto Armeni (h#2 ; Anti-Circe).
- (09.08) No.1317 – Anatoly Stepochkin (s#4 ; Maximummer).
- (08.08) No.1316 – Gani Ganapathi & Nicolas Dupont (PG 11.5 ; Immun Chess).
- (08.08) No.1315 – K. Roméo Bedoni & Sébastien Luce (ser-h#21 ; Grasshopper; Alphabetic Chess). “First achievement of eight promotions in Grasshopper in series movers.” (Authors).
Warm welcome to Roméo in Original problems section of JF!
- (07.08) No.1314 – K. Seetharaman & S. K. Balasubramanian (h#2.5 ; Grasshopper; Take & Make).
- (07.08) No.1313 – Armin Geister & Daniel Papack (hs#2 ; Circe, AntiCirce). “We would like to dedicate our work in memory of Grigorij Golin. Our chess friend was born in Riga (1921) and lived in Berlin for many years…” (Authors).
Warm welcome to Armin & Daniel in Original problems section of JF!
- (05.08) No.1312 – Daniel Novomesky (h#4 ; Lion). Let it be the day of nicely prepared problems and cute finals as well!
- (05.08) No.1311 – Václav Kotěšovec (ser-h#20 ; Kangaroo). You have to see the finals made by the 6 Kangaroos… but myself, on the first place, I always feel grateful to Václav for his care about the editor when sending problems: diagram & solutions, WinChloe db, Popeye notation and already prepared animation – as the selection of desserts for any taste! Thank you!
- Conflictio No.7 by Juraj Lörinc is added to the Articles page.
Animated diagrams use Py2Web by Dmitri Turevski and WinChloe’s graphics.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge of JF-2018/II: Kjell Widlert. The judge of Retro & PG problems 2017-2018: Dirk Borst.
16th Romanian Tzuica Tourney
Theme: hs#n/hs=n, at least 3 (stale)mates on the same square
Scope: Any fairy piece and/or condition are allowed
Judges: Vlaicu Crisan & Eric Huber | Prizes: Bottles of Tzuica | Details: In PDF document
Audience: The tourney is open to everyone, but only congress participants can receive bottles.
Deadline: September 5th around 8 p.m. to Dinu-Ioan Nicula, or by email until September 2nd to Eric Huber firstname.lastname@example.org