17-27th of February, 2019
- (27.02) No.1379 – Linden Lyons (=2 ; Grasshopper, Camel).
- (24.02) This year I’m grateful again to Shankar Ram, who kindly offered his help in making index file for the current competition, JF-2019/I.
- (24.02) No.1378 – Aleksandr Bulavka (=2 ; Royal Zebra ; Anchor Ring, Anti-Super Circe). Warm welcome to Aleksandr in Original problems section of JF!
- (20.02) No.1377 – Sergey Shumeiko (Ser-h#57). Motto given by the author: “Everything had come from somewhere else, and it would all go somewhere else. I was nothing but a pathway for the person known as me” – Haruki Murakami.
(With the gratitude to Stephen Emmerson who’s helped me to find English version of the quote given in Russian, see “The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle”, Chapter 10 – let’s read not only chess related books!)
- (20.02) No.1376 – Anatoly Stepochkin (h#2; Circe).
- (20.02) No.1375 – Sébastien Luce (h=9; Neutral pawn). Only white King and neutral Pawn achieve black stalemate! (Author)
- (20.02) No.1374 – Paul Rãican (PG 15 ; #Color).
- (19.02) No.1373 – Bernd Gräfrath (PG 13.5 ; Losing Chess).
- (19.02) Some more good news to many of you: the Award for Retro & PG problems 2017-2018 by Dirk Borst will be published soon! The version of problem No.1223 (1223.1), submitted on the 24th of January 2019, before the award is made, was accepted by the judge for his competition.
- (18.02) Conflictio No.11 (19.01.2019) & Conflictio No.12 (08.02.2019) by Juraj Lörinc are added to the Articles page.
- (18.02) No.1372 – Václav Kotěšovec (hs=5; Eagle).
- (18.02) No.1371 – Sergej Smotrov (hs#5.5; KöKo, TransmutedKings ; Eagle, Nightrider).
- (17.02) I’m very sorry for the delay in publications for JF-2019/I! Problems by Sergej Smotrov, Václav Kotěšovec, Bernd Gräfrath, Paul Rãican, Sébastien Luce, Anatoly Stepochkin, Sergey Shumeiko will be published during the next week, but the first priority I’m glad to give to the recent judge, who had to work hard the last year to finish the Award JF-10/2017-03/2018 –
No.1370 – N.Shankar Ram (#3; Diagram Circe ; Camel, Non-Stop Equihoppers).
Animated diagrams use Py2Web by Dmitri Turevski and WinChloe’s graphics.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge of JF-2019/I: Michal Dragoun. The judge of Retro & PG problems 2019-2020: Not appointed yet.