13-20th of January, 2018
- (20.01) No.1269 – Geoff Foster (h#2,5; Transmuted Kings). “Based on Georgy Evseev’s No.1258…” (Author)
- (20.01) No.1268 – Hubert Gockel (#2; Senora, Faro, Loco, Saltador). Argentinian pieces in direct mate.
- (16.01) No.1261.1 – Günther Weeth (-18 & #1 Proca; Anti-Circe). Version to No.1261. “Chess problem friends Evseev and Widlert are absolutely right in pointing at the cook in nr. 1261: 4……, a4:Xb3[b7]+!. The alleged short solution indicated by de Heer, however, seems to be an error. Here you will find an effort at correcting the problem. For further examination!” (Author)
- (14.01) No.1267 – Jacques Rotenberg (h#3; Circe, Sentinelles PionAdvers, Transmuted Kings, Anti-Andernach). “Inspired by the 1248 of Peter Harris” (Author)
- (13.01) Fairings No.57 – by Chris Feather (distribution: Stephen Emmerson), added to the Articles section!
- (13.01) No.1266 – Ľuboš Kekely (ser-hs#16; Transmuted King).
Animated diagrams use Py2Web by Dmitri Turevski and WinChloe’s graphics.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge of JF-10/2017-3/2018: Shankar Ram. The judge of Retro & PG problems 2017-2018: Dirk Borst.
FIDE ALBUM 2013-2015
Results in section G – Fairies
A huge work under the results of FA 2013-2015 Fairy section is finished!
I believe, I may say from all of us a big Thank You! to the judges – Juraj Lörinc, Petko Petkov, Kjell Widlert – and the director of the section, Franz Pachl!
79 composers | 297 selected compositions | 1909 submitted entries | 1482 entries with > = 4,5 points | 297 entries with > = 8 points
Quartz 44, December 2017, is online at:
Don’t miss Quartz TT11:
Since 1996, Glasgow Chess was very poorly represented and our belief is that this genre has a lot of potential. So, we are launching a thematic tournament, Quartz TT11, for problems with Glasgow Chess rules.
The tourney has two sections: a) fairy problems; b) retro problems.
In both sections, combinations with other genres, fairy units, are allowed, but Vielväterstellung problems are not allowed.
Send problems in an unlimited number to our Director, Dinu-Ioan Nicula, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, up to July 1, 2018
Issue 13, December 2017, of the ChessProblems.ca Bulletin is now available online at http://Bulletin.ChessProblems.ca
Don’t miss CP.ca TT8: Required are compositions with one of the new series stipulations introduced in the article p.601-609. See details p.597.
The bulletin is published by Cornel Pacurar since March 2014 and is mainly dedicated to Fairies, Series-Movers in particular!
Julia’s Fairies • Retro 2015-2016 • Award
by Thomas Brand, D-Bornheim
I’m very grateful to Julia for her invitation to judge this interesting fairy retro tourney: I’m convinced that carefully selected fairy conditions (more than fairy pieces) will extend the options for interesting retrograde analysis in the future. The most popular current example is AntiCirce with defensive retractors, but the general idea goes back to Thomas R. Dawson (whom else?), and gets more and more popular. → to the Award…
Published with a gratitude to the judge, Thomas Brand /Julia/