ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE
16th THEMATIC TOURNEY
The editorial board of Phénix are annoncing their 16th Thematic Tourney. It is asked to compose problems with these options of WinChloe : Conditionsfromply=n and / or Conditionsuntilply=n ⇒
⇒ See an article by IGM Petko Petkov “THE WONDERFUL FAIRY OPTIONS OF WinChloe”
dedicated to Christian Poisson
There are four sections in the tournament:
- Section A – direct mates (#2-n, s#2-n, r#2-n) with stalemate (=) and double-stalemate (= =) accepted
- Section B – helpmates (h#2-n) with stalemate (=) et double-stalemate (= =) accepted
- Section C – series (sd#2-n, sh#2-n, ss#2-n, sr#2-n), with stalemate (=) et double-stalemate (= =) accepted
- Section D – hs# 2-n coups (with stalemate (=) et double-stalemate (= =) accepted)
Any number of problems by each author in each section. All problems must be tested by WinChloe (C+). In case of a small number of participants, sections might be reduced to only one award.
Limit date for sending : July 1st 2019, to the Tourney’s director : Laurent Riguet, 1 rue Jules Verne, F-60560 Orry la Ville or to the internet adress : firstname.lastname@example.org | The judge is Petko Petkov
An article by Michel Caillaud, Nicolas Dupont, François Labelle explains and illustrates a new tool to solve some complicated fairy PGs offered by the solving program Jacobi – the possibility to add some constraints in the input.
(with gratitude to the authors for offering this article to JF)
…Jacobi constraints let the user specify some or all of a piece’s generic viagra forum moves. One design goal was to be able to represent the “strategy” notation displayed by Natch and Euclide when solving a proof game, so the notation is somewhat similar. This common notation includes the “-” and “x” symbols, and a minimum number n of moves played by a piece is marked “(n)”…
Black Retro „Duals“
by Günther Weeth, Stuttgart
Even after more than a century of the composition of retro problems we are confronted with a certain problem, strange as it might appear to most of us. It shows off when it comes to the evaluation of defensive retractors.
Some retro experts strictly representing no other style than the classical orthodox one, thus being exclusively committed with the aesthetic demands of help retro play sometimes seem to be mistaken when it comes to evaluate defensive retractors. Every now and then you may come across their verdict on black retro moves obviously being ambiguous… → see the whole article
How to solve defensive retractors under the condition of AntiCirce
by Günther Weeth, Stuttgart
Shortly after the fabulous start of that successful story of the Proca retractor under the condition of AntiCirce Wolfgang Dittmann dealt with the question of how to approach that new type as a solver. He laid down a summary of methods that might pave the way to the solution of problems of that kind in two articles: Die Schwalbe, vol. 204, December 2003, “Lösungsstrategien im Verteidigungsrückzüger mit Anticirce-Bedingung”) and – as a supplement – in Die Schwalbe, vol. 207, June 2004 where he provides valuable information concerning the testing program “Pacemaker” established by Thomas Kolkmeyer. Since then the fairy condition of “AntiCirce” has not only stood its ground in the field of the Proca retractor but also in a wider range of retro problems. The new type has been welcomed by a small number of highly motivated solvers, even so by such solvers being somewhat reluctant to tackle it in the first two or three years of its existence. →The Article (PDF, 8 pages)
Proca und Høeg-Forderung in einem Problem mit der Bedingung Anticirce
von Andreas Thoma (Groß Rönnau)
Angeregt durch das Erstlingsproblem von Günther Weeth (Schwalbe 274 August 2015 Nr. 16427), das leider nebenlösig ist, entstanden die folgenden Probleme.
Fur Unterstützung bedanke ich mich bei Klaus Wenda und Olaf Jenkner herzlich.
Zunächst aber zur Erinnerung die Proca-und Høeg Definitionen im Verteidigungsruckzüger:
→ see the whole article (in German)
KLAN-Defensive Retractor, K.Wenda & A.Thoma
An article dealing with “Klan defensive retractors”, a new retro-kind (= a mixture of type Proca & Hoeg) invented by Klaus Wenda and Andreas Thoma is available for download! (PDF, 347K):
with special reference to the AntiCirce condition
by Klaus Wenda (Vienna) and Andreas Thoma (Groß Rönnau)
in memoriam Wolfgang Dittmann (+ 5th February 2014)
The article in German is available on Tomas Brand‘s retro-blog – http://www.thbrand.de/2015/03/26/vrz-klan/
It is happened that after publishing No.638 I’ve started to discover IMITATOR for myself. I haven’t used it before, and to my surprise I’ve found it very interesting and really enjoy learning about it – from the definitions and inventor till the features and implementations.
I’ve decided to write about it in the Forum as it is a separated theme, related mostly to the Imitator in general, but not to the published original. Also, what I’ve discovered is not an article yet, but just some thoughts and ideas. I’d like to find even more with your help!
Today I’ve made an accent to the ?astling and en passant with Imitator in my post. But I have some other topics I’d like to show where I need some more help from you.
As I said, I think it’s good to use Forum for such thematic postings, but if anybody feels uncomfortable about registration for using Forum, you are welcome to leave your comments levitra generic europe here, to this posting! Thank you! – Julia.
Dear Friends, I’m happy to present you the first part of the article “Disparate – a unique fairy condition!” by IGM Petko A. Petkov, which is a renewed version of Petko’s article “Les Echecs Disparates: une condition feerique globale!”, published in “Phenix” (No. 191-192, January-February 2010, pages 8086 – 8116), and is dedicated to Romeo Bedoni! Two more parts of the article will be published this year as well. My gratitude to Petko Petkov for his tremendous work and to Geoff Foster for language correction!
3rd; 7-10th of June, 2014:
- (10.06) No.555 – Gani Ganapathi – A nice Berolina-Excelsiors!
- (08.06) No.554 – Petko A. Petkov – With this problem author proposes a new theme – Chameleon Trio (shown for the first time?) – where three different Chameleons in a different phases step on the same square!
- (08.06) Fairings No.38 by Chris Feather is added to the Articles section. As always, thanks to Stephen Emmerson for the distribution!
- (07.06) No.553 – Vito Rallo – A nice masked white Excelsior in HS#!
- (03.06) No.552 – Peter Harris – A very dynamic and complicated solutions with three fairy conditions!
- (03.06) No.551 – Igor Kochulov – A nice Duplex play in Meredith form! Circe and neutral pieces in HS#.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge for informal fairy tourney 2014(II) – Dmitri Turevski. The judge for Retro and PG problems 2013 – 2014 – Hans Gruber.
15-21th of April, 2014:
- (21.04) No.530 – Karol Mlynka – Non-standard AUW with a use of royal neutral Pawn!
- (18.04) No.529 – Rainer Kuhn – Welcome to a new author with a nice Tanagra problem with two fairy conditions!
- (16.04) No.528 – Nicolas Dupont – A big surprise! The first PG problem with Disparate condition!
- (15.04) No.527 – Daniel Novomesky – An elegant Tanagra-Aristocrat with excellent Isardam effects!
- (15.04) Fairings No.37 by Chris Feather is added to the Articles section. The guests of this issue are: Geoff Foster and Klaus Wenda.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge for informal fairy tourney 2014(I) – Vlaicu Crișan. The judge for Retro and PG problems 2013 – 2014 – Hans Gruber.