2-30th of April, 2016
- (30.04) No.1060 – Peter Harris (h=3.5; Circe Chameleon; Chameleon Chess; Isardam).
- (28.04) No.1059 – Sébastien Luce (h#3.5; Neutral piece; Chameleon; Circe Chameleon). Dedicated to Geoff Foster.
- (26.04) No.1058 – Geoff Foster (h#3; Neutral piece; Chameleon; Circe Chameleon). Dedicated to Peter Harris.
- (24.04) No.1057 – Sébastien Luce (h#24.5; King-hopper; Pawn-hopper; Nightrider-hopper; Grasshopper). Pawn-hopper is implemented in WinChloe only.
- (24.04) No.1056 – Claude Beaubestre (ser-r<>r15; Circe Couscous). Warm welcome to Claude in Original problems section of JF!
- (23.04) No.1053, 1054, 1055 – Peter Harris. Three miniatures showing “double transformation”: what happens to the moving piece and what happens to the captured piece: No.1053 (h#4.5; Circe Chameleon; Einstein Chess); No.1054 (h=3; Circe Chameleon; Chameleon Chess); No.1055 (hs#3; Circe Chameleon; Chameleon Chess).
- (21.04) No.1052 – Peter Harris (hs=3; Neutral piece; Sentinels Pion Advers; Chameleon Chess). To Geoff Foster.
- (20.04) No.1051 – Alberto Armeni (r#2; Anti-Circe).
- (20.04) No.1050 – Vito Rallo (h#3; Anti-Circe).
- (19.04) No.1049 – Geoff Foster (h#4; Neutral piece; Chameleon Circe). Inspired by the discussion about “Circe Einstein”.
- (17.04) No.1048 – Mario Parrinello (hs#3; Neutral piece; Anti-Circe Symmetry; Anti-Kings). Enjoy 3 identical solutions!
- (12.04) No.1047 – Ya’akov Mintz (hs#5).
- (11.04) No.1046 – Aleksey Oganesjan (hs#5).
- (10.04) No.1045 – Peter Harris (h#2.5; Circe; Super Anti-Circe; White Maximummer; Sentinels Pion Advers; Chameleon Chess; Einstein Chess). This problem is dedicated to the one who won’t get lost in combination of 5(!) fairy conditions in each of two twins.
- (09.04) Fairings No.48 by Chris Feather, distributed by Stephen Emmerson, is added to the Articles section!
- (08.04) No.1042, 1043, 1044 – Karol Mlynka. Three problems with Pressburger King (Super-Transmuting King): No.1042 (h#2; White Super-Transmuting King); No.1043 (+3; White Super-Transmuting King; Locust; Bishop-Locust; Nightrider-Locust); No.1044 (hs=2; Black Super-Transmuting King; Neutral Chameleon).
- (05.04) No.1039, 1040, 1041 – Oliver Sick. Three problems with author’s comments:
“...forces the white king… to be “stalemated” (which sounds to be nonsense in a helpmate…)…” in No.1039 (h#7; Alphabetic Chess);
“An easy help-selfmate with a kind of try play…” in No.1040 (hs#5; Circe);
“A very small piece (neutral royal rook…) with three (surprising?) white…” in No.1041 (ser-=4; Neutral Royal Rook; Sentinels).
- (04.04) No.1038 – Ya’akov Mintz (hs#5). Warm welcome to Ya’akov in Original problems section of JF!
- (04.04) No.1037 – Sébastien Luce (h#2; Changeants(WinChloe only)). “But where are the two Kings ??☺“
- (03.04) No.1036 – Anatoly Stepochkin (h#2.5; KoKo).
- (03.04) No.1033.1 – Kenneth Solja (#2; Amazon; Cardinal; Camel; Skylla; Rook-hopper; Grasshopper). Corrected version of No.1033.
- (02.04) No.1034, 1035 – Erich Bartel. Impressive initial and final positions in No.1034 (h==5; PWC; Madrasi RI; Alphabetic Chess); mates in four corners in No.1035 (ser-h#12; Circe Equipollents; Fers; Wazir).
- (02.04) No.1033 – Kenneth Solja (#2; Amazon; Cardinal; Camel; Skylla; Rook-hopper; Grasshopper). Author writes that it is one of the first direct mates with fairy pieces he has composed.
Animated diagrams use Py2Web by Dmitri Turevski and WinChloe’s graphics.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge of informal fairy tournament JF-2016(I) – Petko A. Petkov. The judge of Retro and PG problems 2015-2016 – Thomas Brand.
The Macedonian Problemist announces tourneys for 2016:
a) Informal tourneys: #2 – Dragan Stojnić; #3 – C.G.S. Narayanan; #n – Abdelaziz Onkoud; s#2-n – Sven Trommler; h#2 – Vitaly Medintsev; h#2.5-3 – Petko Petkov; h#3.5-n – Christopher Jones; fairies – Pierre Tritten; retros – Hans Gruber.
b) “The Macedonian Problemist” League 2016 (free themes, closing date 1.9.2016) in four sections: #2 – Miodrag Mladenović; #3 – Aleksandr Sygurov; s#3-7 – Živko Janevski; h#4-8 – Zlatko Mihajloski (a reserve judge for any section – Hans Gruber).
c) thematic tourneys for helpmates showing themes labelled with the names of two prominent Macedonian chess problem composers, who will be judges in these tourneys, respectively (closing date 20.10.2016)… → read full announcement (PDF)