3rd-6th; 16-17th of December, 2018
I’m glad to announce that the Award JF-2016-I (judge: Petko Petkov) will be published in December!
- (17.12) No.1356 – Bojan Bašić (h#2 ; Maximummer ; Locust). Warm welcome to Bojan in Original problems section of JF!
- (17.12) No.1355 – Arnold Beine (PG 4.0 then #1 ; Annan Chess ; Undefined pieces). Along with the problem author gives a very precise definition of Annan Chess condition.
- (16.12) No.1354 – Aleksey Oganesjan (hs#6). “Four pieces – four corners”, supporting the recent creative work in No.1347 and No.1350. (Author)
- (16.12) No.1353 – Michal Dragoun (h#2 ; Masand ; Nightrider, LEO). Function’s cycle of four recoloured pieces. (Author)
- (16.12) No.1352 – Stephen Emmerson (PG 73 ; Alphabetic Chess). Author mentions he doesn’t know of a longer PG.
- (16.12) No.1351 – Dmitrij Baibikov (Last 20 single moves? ; Grasshopper). Warm welcome to Dmitrij in Original problems section of JF!
- Conflictio No.10 by Juraj Lörinc is added to the Articles page.
- (06.12) No.1350 – Sergey Shumeiko (hs#9.5). By the author words, an interesting recently published problem by Vitaly Medintsev (No.1347) was his inspiration.
- (06.12) Fairings No.58 – by Chris Feather (distribution: Stephen Emmerson), added to the Articles section. It might be that it is NOT the last issue of Fairings… In the Notes author writes:
“After more than eight months without any composing I was convinced that the ability had left me, and so (as regular readers know) put out the message that Fairings 58 would be the last issue. However the resulting very kind and/or regretful comments, whether via Stephen or directly to me, gave me great and unexpected encouragement – thank you! After a while I finally composed something new, and then a few more… Both the effort and the time required are now enormously greater than previously, and the quality of the results is not so good, but some enjoyment is still there. Consequently I am currently thinking that I may try to continue with Fairings at the rate of one issue a year, which I hope readers will consider to be better than nothing! No promises, though – we shall simply have to see…”
- (04.12) No.1349 – Arno Tüngler (ser-!=66). Can anybody find cooks in this new record? (Author)
- (03.12) No.1347.1 – Vitaly Medintsev & René J. Millour (hs#8). More economical version to No.1347 (8→6 pieces!)
Animated diagrams use Py2Web by Dmitri Turevski and WinChloe’s graphics.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top.
The judge of JF-2018/II: Kjell Widlert. The judge of Retro & PG problems 2017-2018: Dirk Borst.