JF Original Problems | January, 2022
The judge of JF-2022/I: Vlaicu Crişan. The 3rd time judging JF tournaments, after JF-2014-I (Award) and the recent retro JF-R2019-20 (Award). A very positive and helpful person, a very experienced judge I’m glad to welcome on JF again!
The judge of Retro & PG problems 2021-2022: Thomas Brand.
- (31.01) No.1689 (h=10 ; Grasshopper) Vaclav Kotěšovec (Czech Republic). Dedicated to Sébastien Luce “4-fold exact echo in 4 corners of chessboard”. (Author)
- (31.01) No.1688 (ser-h#8 ; Mars Circe) Armin Geister & Daniel Papack (Germany). A logical try on the 1st move comes as a solution on the 8th.
- (28.01) No.1687 (ser-h#8* ; Take&Make, Circe Equipollents) Chris Feather (England). “The inventor of Take&Make intended that it should take priority over any other fairy condition with which is is combined…” (Author)
- (26.01) No.1686 (h#3 ; Neutral Berolina Super Pawn ; Circe, Take&Make) János Mikitovics (Hungary). Mates by Berolina Super Pawn or its promotions.
- (25.01) No.1685 (h#2.5 ; Neutral VAO,PAO,MAO) Kenneth Solja (Finland). The only Kings are not neutral.
- (25.01) No.1684 (h#2 ; legality / shadow solution?) János Csák & Béla Majoros (Hungary). Warm welcome to Béla!
“Yes, the chess problem problem (H#2) and the solution is orthodox. However, the chess problem is not considered orthodox…” (Authors). For now the problem included in the Retro competition because of the question of legality. But the judges might see it differently.
- (19.01) No.1683 (h=3 ; PAO ; ChecklessChess) Ľuboš Kekely (Slovakia). “Model pin stalemates.” (Author)
- (17.01) No.1551.4 (Ser-S#23 ; Circe Rex Inclusiv) Dirk Borst (Netherlands). Accepted by Hans Gruber, the judge of JF-2020/II, as the award is not completed yet. “This 4th correction is dedicated to Arno in gratitude of his help.” (Author)
- (15.01) No.1682 (#6 ; Rokagogo) Andrew Buchanan (Singapore) & James Malcom (USA). “This composition is intended as an economy record for the Rokagogo/Staugaard excelsior. If someone can produce the same effect with lighter material, we would be very pleased to see it.” (Authors)
- (15.01) No.1681 (hs#3.5 ; LEO, PAO, VAO, NAO) Igor Kochulov (Russia).
- (15.01) No.1680 (h++1* ; Circe Couscous, Promotion before rebirth) Joost de Heer (Netherlands). An improvement of No.1607 (previous period, but not included in the Award JF-2021/I). “No idea why I didn’t see that when I composed 1607.” (Author)
- (15.01) First of all, I’d like to include into this tournament the problem No.1630 (#3 ; Equileaper, Wazir, Zebra, Right Zebra ; Diagram Circe, Black must capture) by Shankar Ram, originally belonging to JF-2021/II , which was later accepted by Shankar to judge.