17-27th of February, 2019
- (27.02) No.1379 – Linden Lyons (=2 ; Grasshopper, Camel).
- (24.02) This year I’m grateful again to Shankar Ram, who kindly offered his help in making index file for the current competition, JF-2019/I.
- (24.02) No.1378 – Aleksandr Bulavka (=2 ; Royal Zebra ; Anchor Ring, Anti-Super Circe). Warm welcome to Aleksandr in Original problems section of JF!
- (20.02) No.1377 – Sergey Shumeiko (Ser-h#57). Motto given by the author: “Everything had come from somewhere else, and it would all go somewhere else. I was nothing but a pathway for the person known as me” – Haruki Murakami.
(With the gratitude to Stephen Emmerson who’s helped me to find English version of the quote given in Russian, see “The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle”, Chapter 10 – let’s read not only chess related books!)
- (20.02) No.1376 – Anatoly Stepochkin (h#2; Circe).
- (20.02) No.1375 – Sébastien Luce (h=9; Neutral pawn). Only white King and neutral Pawn achieve black stalemate! (Author)
- (20.02) No.1374 – Paul Rãican (PG 15 ; #Color).
- (19.02) No.1373 – Bernd Gräfrath (PG 13.5 ; Losing Chess).
- (19.02) Some more good news to many of you: the Award for Retro & PG problems 2017-2018 by Dirk Borst will be published soon! The version of problem No.1223 (1223.1), submitted on the 24th of January 2019, before the award is made, was accepted by the judge for his competition.
- (18.02) Conflictio No.11 (19.01.2019) & Conflictio No.12 (08.02.2019) by Juraj Lörinc are added to the Articles page.
- (18.02) No.1372 – Václav Kotěšovec (hs=5; Eagle).
- (18.02) No.1371 – Sergej Smotrov (hs#5.5; KöKo, TransmutedKings ; Eagle, Nightrider).
- (17.02) I’m very sorry for the delay in publications for JF-2019/I! Problems by Sergej Smotrov, Václav Kotěšovec, Bernd Gräfrath, Paul Rãican, Sébastien Luce, Anatoly Stepochkin, Sergey Shumeiko will be published during the next week, but the first priority I’m glad to give to the recent judge, who had to work hard the last year to finish the Award JF-10/2017-03/2018 –
No.1370 – N.Shankar Ram (#3; Diagram Circe ; Camel, Non-Stop Equihoppers).
Animated diagrams use Py2Web by Dmitri Turevski and WinChloe’s graphics.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge of JF-2019/I: Michal Dragoun. The judge of Retro & PG problems 2019-2020: Not appointed yet.
45th FairyChessFriendsMeeting at Andernach
May 30 – June 02, 2019 ANNOUNCEMENT / “PROGRAM “
Thursday May 30: Arrival at Ristorante Bellini (Hochstr.39) or at the marketplace nearby; please note that Bellini is closed from 2:30 pm till 5:00 pm. Starting Friday May 31 as last year we meet at Hotel Stammbaum (Marktgasse 1, phone: Germany 2632 42670), being closed at Thursday, but room access is ensured. All 12 double rooms in Hotel Stammbaum are reserved for our meeting (75 EUR / day incl. breakfast), so you should book as soon as possible. From Friday after breakfast till Sunday noon the hotel will be reserved exclusively for us.
VITO RALLO – 80 Jubilee
We are pleased to announce the 80° anniversary of Vito RALLO.
The tournament required H#3 Circe Parrain, where “the piece captured in the last move gives mate thanks to a specifics rebirth”.
There are two sections, one with fairy pieces, one without.
Please send original to firstname.lastname@example.org
All problems received will be published on BEST PROBLEMS Italian Magazine.
Merit Diploma to the winners.
Last available day for sent: August 3, 2019. | Judge: Vlaicu CRISAN.
Issue 15, December 2018, of the ChessProblems.ca Bulletin is available online at http://Bulletin.ChessProblems.ca
The bulletin is published by Cornel Pacurar since March 2014 and is mainly dedicated to Fairies, Series-Movers in particular.
Our judge for fairy tournament JF-2019/I (February-June’ 2019) will be Michal Dragoun (01-03-1974) from Czechia, a double Grandmaster of Problem chess (in both composing and solving), and International Judge for helpmates and fairies. Michal mostly composes helpmates, helpselfmates and other fairies. He was World champion in composing both helpmates (2010-12) and fairies (2004-06). We all wish him to enjoy your good compositions!
The judge for the new PG/Retro competition is not appointed yet.
With a gratitude to Shankar Ram, who for the 2nd time kindly accepted judging of JF original fairy problems and has made his Award so fast! Enjoy the selection of the problems, the statistical summary of 19 kinds (!) provided by the judge, and the Award JF-10/2017-03/2018 itself fully designed by Shankar Ram! Thanks a lot to all participants and congratulations to the winners!
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE
16th THEMATIC TOURNEY
The editorial board of Phénix are annoncing their 16th Thematic Tourney. It is asked to compose problems with these options of WinChloe : Conditionsfromply=n and / or Conditionsuntilply=n ⇒
⇒ See an article by IGM Petko Petkov “THE WONDERFUL FAIRY OPTIONS OF WinChloe”
dedicated to Christian Poisson
There are four sections in the tournament:
- Section A – direct mates (#2-n, s#2-n, r#2-n) with stalemate (=) and double-stalemate (= =) accepted
- Section B – helpmates (h#2-n) with stalemate (=) et double-stalemate (= =) accepted
- Section C – series (sd#2-n, sh#2-n, ss#2-n, sr#2-n), with stalemate (=) et double-stalemate (= =) accepted
- Section D – hs# 2-n coups (with stalemate (=) et double-stalemate (= =) accepted)
Any number of problems by each author in each section. All problems must be tested by WinChloe (C+). In case of a small number of participants, sections might be reduced to only one award.
Limit date for sending : July 1st 2019, to the Tourney’s director : Laurent Riguet, 1 rue Jules Verne, F-60560 Orry la Ville or to the internet adress : email@example.com | The judge is Petko Petkov