7-12th of July, 2019
- (12.07) No.1422 – Aleksey Oganesjan (hs#7). “Tempo-triangulation of wK…” (Author)
- (10.07) No.1421 – Sven Trommler & Franz Pachl (hs#4 ; Nightrider, NAO, PAO). Sven, welcome back to JF after 7 years since your previous publication, joint problem No.87 in 2012!
- (08.07) No.1420 – Klaus Wenda (-6 & s#1 Proca Anti-Circe ; Grasshopper, Bishophopper, MWU II). Queen with the power of a MWU.
- (08.07) No.1419 – Daniel Papack & Computer (h#2.5 ; Neutral pawns ; Chameleon Chess). “After No.1414, found with the help of the computer by testing…” (Author)
- (07.07) No.1418 – Udo Degener (h#13.5 ; Grasshopper ; Functionary Chess). Warm welcome to Udo in Original Problems of JF!
Animated diagrams use Py2Web by Dmitri Turevski and WinChloe’s graphics.
All previously published problems you can find in the subsections of Original Problems menu on the top. The judge of JF-2019/II: Petko Petkov. The judge of Retro & PG problems 2019-2020: Vlaicu Crișan.
Dear friends, I’m glad to announce to you fairy judges for the current and next period, the both will be judging JF’s competitions for the 2nd time:
The judge of the current fairy period, JF-2019/II (July-December’2019) will be GM Petko A. Petkov – multiple World Champion in Composing and Olympic Champion (1990), inventor of many fairy-conditions, author of more than 120 theoretical articles, International Judge and a leader in the world rank list with 471.75 points in the FIDE Albums (1914-2015) with 64 years practice in chess composition! Would like to mention, that this year Petko finished the award for JF-2016/I and I’m grateful to him for the very kind offer to JF again, almost without any break!
The judge for the next fairy period, JF-2020/I (January-June’2020) will be Eric Huber – another very supportive person, one of the first judges on JF (has judged JF-2013/III), International Judge of fairy problems, organizer (together with Vlaicu Crişan) of the yearly Tzuica Tourney, dedicated to helpselfmates. Let’s meet Eric in 2020!
We have the great pleasure of announcing the 17th Tzuica Tourney.
Tzuica Tourney 2019
IN THE FRAMES OF WCCC 2019
- Theme: hs#n/hs=n, at least 3 (stale)mates by the same piece on different squares
- Scope: Any fairy piece and/or condition are allowed
- Judges: Vlaicu Crisan & Eric Huber
- Prizes: Bottles of Tzuica
- Audience: The tourney is open to everyone, but only congress participants can receive bottles.
- Deadline: August 21st (Wednesday) 10 p.m. to any Romanian participant, or by email to Eric Huber email@example.com
- Details: In the attached PDF document
Eric Huber & Vlaicu Crisan (both attending the Congress this year!)
The first half of the year 2019 is over, and the tournament JF-2019/I is closed on the 30th of June with 43 fairy problems (plus some versions). While the quantity is not so big, I believe the quality of the problems would make the competition enjoyable for the judge, Michal Dragoun! Thanks a lot to all participants and to the judge for accepting this work! Special gratitude to Shankar Ram, who was updating the index page of the tournament, menu Original Problems -> Julia’s Fairies – 2019
I’m sorry, the judge is not appointed yet for the second half of this year. Still, a new fairy tournament JF-2019/II (01.07-31.12.2019) is opened for the submissions and I’d gladly publish your good problems!
Have to tell, I’ll be less active on JF during July-August. Family vacation, some own composing for WCCC’s unofficial tournaments, 4th YCCC composing TT for juniors, and the Congress itself… So, I’d appreciate it very much if you include the notation and full solutions (with departure and arrival squares) in your entries! It would make my work much faster.
Thank you very much in advance! Wishing to all of you to have a wonderful summer! – Julia