First of all I’d like to wish a Happy Easter to all of You!!
And now – to some different events coming soon:
- The Award of informal tourney JF-2012 is going to appear in April! I’d like to turn your attention one more time to the list of problems which participate in the tourney – in the list for 2012 I’ve left their background white, while making a darker background for the problems which does not participate. In case of any objections please write me ASAP!
- April is the last month of the first part of informal tourney 2013 – Julia’sFairies-2013(I) – where participate fairy problems published in January-April, 2013. The judge for informal fairy tourney 2013(I) – Juraj Brabec. You’re very welcome to submit your entries till the last day of April to participate in!
- The 10th of April is the birthday of juliasfairies.com website. This baby becoming 1 year old!
- An article by GM Petko A. Petkov about Marine pieces coming soon in April! I’m sure you will enjoy it!
Thank You for visiting! And have a nice spring! – Julia
Back to 2012…
As you know, our dear judge for informal tourney 2012, N. SHANKAR RAM, doing a big work now, judging about 200 problems published in 2012. Soon you will be informed if the problems are going to be splitted into different sections.
For now I’d like to turn your attention to the list of problems which participate in the tourney – in the list for 2012 I’ve left their background white, while making a darker background for the problems which does not participate. I believe that in case of improved versions published for the problems, only these last versions will participate. Also, non-fairy problems doesn’t participate. Of course, your comments or objections will be considered! Please send them during one month – till 15-Mar-2013 – if needed! Together with Shankar we will go through the list again. Some more corrections are possible. And I will inform you about them as well.
And one more information about 2012: I’m happy to let you know, that a problem No.10.1 – h#2* by János Mikitovics & Juraj Lörinc – which is an improved version to No.10 by J.Mikitovics, shown in the comment by J.Lörinc, is added to the list of Original problems 2012 and will participate in the tourney 2012!
Updates as 04-13.Feb, 2013:
- (13.02) No.251 – János Mikitovics – A nice mixed AUW theme and author’s first problem with KoBul Kings condition! Congratulations!
- (12.02) No.170.1 – Kenneth H. M. Solja – An improved version of the problem No.170 published in 2012!
- (10.02) No.250 – Geoff Foster – A nice four-men with “ANI”-solutions!
- (09.02) No.249 – Julia Vysotska – My own miniature, pin of neutral mating pieces!
- (07.02) No.247, 248 – Two joint problems with Andernach condition by Vito Rallo & Emmanuel Manolas!
- (07.02) No.246 – One more s#n problem by János Mikitovics: А miniature that is difficult to solve!
- (04.02) No.244, 245 – Two s#n problems by János Mikitovics: Diametral Circe in the one; and surprising finals in another. Thanks to the author!
You can see, that now there are two sections under the Original Problems top menu: Julia’sFairies-2012 with all problems of the year 2012; Julia’sFairies-2013(I) which will contain the problems of January-April, 2013. The judge for informal fairy tourney 2013(I) – Juraj Brabec.
My dear visitors, this post is about some absolutely different things.. and nothing too serious!
Firstly, I’d like to show you (in case if it is not that visible) the Search option on the top part of the right menu. It doesn’t searches inside the comments, but it does the search inside pages and posts. So, if you’re looking for some term or author’s name or anything also, you can enter it in the Search field and press OK button near it to get the results. All results – pages and posts which contain your searching phrase – will be shown on one screen, one after another. Maybe in some cases it can be helpful.
Secondly, Forum. It is not active, but still if you write something there – it is visible in the right part of any screen of the site, and as I can see – most of visitors read all new comments, including comments in the Forum. So, you can show any your problem there if you like, or add the announcement of some tourney (including orthodox) etc. You can also see number of views for any topic in the Forum.
Thirdly, about published problems. I can also see the statistic about views of any published problem (actually – a page with published problems). If you’re interested in a number of views of your problem – write me – and I will send you this number. For now, number of views for published problem varies from 100 till 480 in average.
And some entertainment at the end – I’ve added some pictures with a prizes for the tournaments I’ve had – many-many sweets and diplomas prepared! I’ve done these photos for my own memory as for me it was quite unusual and great experience. But maybe you’ll like to see them as well! See SWEETS as a Prizes of Julia’sFairies 1st T.T HSP-2012 (see also Award); and CHOCOLATES as a Prizes of Christmas Blitz-Tourney JF-2012 (see the Award)! 🙂
January, 1st, 2013
Greetings to everybody in the year 2013!
I’d like to tell a few words about the previous year:
Julia’s Fairies website was created on the 10th of April, 2012. So, it is still very young, but it is growing so rapidly, that sometimes I can’t follow it! Starting from few visitors per day in April it turned into 150-170 visits per day in December, 2012. The two thematic tourneys seem to be quite successful and I’m very happy about them! Number of published original problems in 2012 is 213!
But now I’m opening a “new season“. And I’d like to welcome you to send your original problems as before! This year I’ve decided to split the year into 3 periods: I – January-April, II – May-August, III – September-December. The judges are not appointed yet, but hopefully will be soon!
Of course, I’ll have few thematic tourneys during the year as well!
I’ve started to restructure the Original Problems section, adding new periods and new sub-menus. Hopefully, everything will work! But please let me know if something goes wrong!
And now – please see just published problem, which opens the year 2013 – No.214 – Petko A. Petkov!
Updates as of 29-31.Dec, 2012:
I guess, these are the last problems I have a pleasure to publish this year.. Thanks a lot to all authors for sending their problems during this year! Thanks to all commentators! – you make this site interesting and educational! I wish a Happy New Year to all of you and I’ll be happy to see you here again in 2013! –Julia
- (31.12) And the very last problem published in 2012 – a complicated mix of two conditions – Anti Take&Make and Take&Make – by Diyan Kostadinov in No.213! Hm… number 213 just before the year 2013! Funny!
- (31.12) I like the idea of Themis Argirakopoulos to send a greeting problem to the Award of the Christmas Blitz! See a nice Christmas tree in No.212! But I can add that together with the judge we’re working under the Award. It is almost ready and will be presented tomorrow during the day time!
- (30.12) For this problem Peter Harris even gives some hints to the solvers! Does it mean that No.211 is even more complicated then all Peter’s problems I’ve published before?!!
- (29.12) An excellent Take & Make play is presented in a problem No.210 by Pierre Tritten!
- (29.12) See a long play of Chameleon pawns in a problem No.209 by János Mikitovics !
You can click on the Original Problems tab on the top to see the whole list of published problems. Problem numbers are links to the problems – click on any number to see the problem. Standard search using Ctrl+F also works for the list.
I’d like to ask you – if you see anything incorrect in this list, or some problems (or published versions of them) are not included – please let me know! Sometimes I add there new problems with some delay, but before the last record all the other should exist. Thank you!!
Forum – Recent Posts
Some time ago I’ve written about adding Forum to the site. That time a link to it was shown on the top of the right menu. Now I’ve changed it a little, adding Forum / Форум header with a links to the Recent Posts to it. I believe, such option is more useful. Your comments to the Forum are very welcome!